French Balayage is a French hair coloring technique. It’s a freehand technique where the hair color is applied by a hand sweeping motion giving hair a natural look adding additional contouring, while allowing the artist to enhance the cut and facial features.
Originating in France back during the 1970s this is a freehand technique, rather than the traditional foiling technique.
It grows itself out to a very natural looking color the leaves a much softer grow out. No line of demarcation.
- True French Balayage is not done with foils or Meche strips that is often done in the U.S. and called French Balayage.
- French Balayage is painted vertically keeping the color on top of the hair strand, then layering in depth on the ends.
- French Balayage is a technique, not a color!
- Ombre etc can all be done using the French Balayage technique
- Real French Balayage should always be done to look natural, graceful messy. Imperfect is key!
French Balayage Salon Price
My average charge for French Balayage is $150 and up
$45 & up extra charge if you have extra thick and or extra long hair
Blow Dry $48 ( Blow dry included when getting a second service)
All Color Correction services are quoted per consultation
BioIonic Blowout with Flat or Curling Iron: $75
Aquage Silkening Power Infusion
Repairs, Smoothes Color Treated Hair, Locks in Color
$25 w/ color service
$40 without color service
Olaplex Super Intense Bonding Treatment $27
Additional charge for extra thicker and longer hair. $40